Custom Design & Build Your Dream Home
Modular Home Build & Design
Based in Saugerties, NY, Benjamin Custom Modular Homes, Inc. builds and designs custom modular homes for residents throughout Ulster County and the Hudson Valley. As an authorized dealer of Westchester Modular Homes, we offer the industry’s widest selection of floor plans, styles, and features for all land types and budgets.
All our modular homes are ENERGY STAR Certified and built to help you save energy and money in the long run. Our team will work closely with you to understand your vision, needs, budget, lifestyle and make your dream home a reality.
In addition to modular home design and construction, we also provide land evaluations, permit expedition, turnkey packages, and a variety of other services. If you’re ready to begin designing and planning your dream modular home, get in touch with Benjamin Custom Modular Homes today!
Our Standard Modular Home Specifications
Specifications and suppliers are subject to change without notice. If you have any questions, please call us today.
- 2 x 10 floor joist 16” on center as required by span and double rim joist. Steele rim joist hangers.
- Wall to wall carpet with 3/8” pad & tack strip, shipped loose for field installation.
- 3/4″ Nominal (23/32) Tongue & Groove plywood sturdy-floor glued and fastened.
- Solid wood bridging installed at center spans. Double bridging on all 15’ and 16’ wide units.
- 2 X 6 studding 16″ on center.
- ½” Nominal (15/32) rated plywood sheathing, glued and fastened.
- R-19 fiberglass insulation.
- Air infiltration wrap installed on all exterior walls.
- Ice & water shield flashing on all exterior window/door openings.
- Full length attic shingle-over ridge ventilating system.
- 3 1/2″ white vinyl corner boards shipped loose for installation by others.
- White vinyl perforated soffit shipped loose for installation by others
- White aluminum fascia shipped loose for installation by others.
- Low maintenance CertainTeed “Mainstreet” solid vinyl siding with lifetime non-prorated transferable warranty.
- Low maintenance ventilating soffit and fascia system.
- 5/12 pitch hinged rafter truss 24” on center- 7/12, 9/12 are options.
- Cape Cod or Chalet roof is 12/12 pitch with 2X10 ceiling joists 16” on center with plywood floor deck.
- 5/8” CDX plywood sheathing with felt paper. Ice & water shield installed 3’ up from eaves.
- R-38 ceiling insulation.
- Owens Corning® 30 year Architectural shingles.
- Attic access per plan. Pull-down stair is optional.
- Ceiling systems on 1st floor of two story homes are 2X6 16” on center with sill plate and perimeter insulation.
- 16” overhang with 10” gable overhangs typical. Front and rear overhang size vary with roof pitch and box dimension.
- Andersen® 400 Series Tilt-Wash Double Hung vinyl clad windows with high performance insulating glass, removable grilles, full screens and extended interior windowsill (upgrade) Andersen 200 series are also available.
- All double hung windows meet DP rating for exposure B wind load zones.
Exterior Doors & Trim
- Insulated Thermatru® “Smooth Star” fiberglass doors.
- Andersen vinyl clad wood framed sliding glass doors with tempered double glass and screens – per plan.
- Schlage key-in-knob locksets.
- Interior trim is 2 1/4” finger jointed colonial casing, prime-coat painted white.
- Door chime at front door.
- Merillat® Sundale Maple or Pemberton II raised-panel oak cabinets.
- Lazy Susan base cabinet in corners where applicable.
- Angled upper cabinets in all corners where applicable.
- (1) Recessed light installed over the sink.
- Wilsonart® laminate countertop with 4” back splash.
- Double bowl stainless steel sink.
- Delta sink lever faucet with sink spray.
- White Broan® recirculating lighted range hood installed.
- All appliances by others.
- 2 x 4 studding 16″ on center.
- 2 x 3 studs (SPF) 16″ on center. Mating wall.
- Mating wall covered with 1/2″ Plywood sheathing, glued and fastened to studs.
- 8′ ceiling height. Optional 8’6” or 9’ ceilings on first floor of two-story colonials.
- Interior clear spans supported with laminated beam on interior mating walls as required.
- Archways cased with pine jambs and casing.
Interior Doors & Trim
- Six-panel hollow core Masonite® painted white semi-gloss.
- Base trim 3 1/2″ finger jointed pine colonial primed white.
- All doors include triple hinges. Jambs are wood.
- Interior trim is 2 1/4” finger jointed pine colonial casing, prime-coat painted white.
- All stairs are one piece, pre-manufactured, pine risers, pine treads, and pine stringers. All stair and cage rail is oak, unfinished. Risers & treads wedge lock into stringers.
- 1/2″ drywall; glued and fastened to studs. Joints are taped and spackled, sanded smooth and prime. painted with a white latex paint.
- Smooth ceiling finish.
- Floor coverings are finished on sites.
- Vinyl coated, ventilated closet shelving, installed.
- All interior walls including corners taped, spackled, sanded, and paint/primed.
- Base molding is 3 1/2″ finger joint pine primed white.
- Merillat Sundale maple or Pemberton II raised-panel oak vanities.
- Wilsonart® laminate vanity top.
- Drop-in china sink with Delta® dual lever faucet.
- 5’ Lasco fiberglass one piece tub/shower with Delta® pressure balancing faucet.
- Optional Jacuzzi brand tubs with jets are available.
- American standard low water consumption commodes.
- Mirror and light with side mounted recessed medicine cabinet above all vanities.
- Towel bar, shower rod, and paper holders shipped loose.
- Ceiling light and exhaust fan.
- 200 Amp service panel.
- Seagull light fixtures. Light fixtures installed in kitchen, baths, walk-in closets, hallways, entry-foyer. Light fixtures for exterior doors and dining area will be shipped loose for installation on site.
- TV and phone jacks per plan.
- Lighted switch and wire to attic for fixture on site.
- GFI receptacles in kitchen and baths.
- Arch fault protectors installed per code.
- Exterior GFI at front and rear door.
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors hardwired with battery backup.
- Electric Range outlet installed.
- PEX supply lines with shut off valves.
- PVC drain, waste, and vent. Lines stubbed through floor for field connections by others.
- Second floor DWV connected and run to access panel for field connection to first floor.
- Plumbing risers to unfinished second floor on capes.
- Slant-fin® hot water baseboard heat, stubbed through floors (looping for second floor on two story homes included, connection between modules by field installer. Boiler and field connections by field installer.
Benjamin Custom Modular Homes, Inc.
Saugerties, NY 12477